Give your furnace and fireplace some TLC
Keeping your natural gas appliances operating as efficiently as possible is even easier with our popular TLC service program!
For every* furnace and fireplace you have serviced you may qualify for a $25 gift card from Save-On-Foods™. But only until September 30, 2012.
First, find a contractor
Look for contractors with TECA Quality First™, HRAI Skilltech or ASCT mechanical technologist accreditation.
Why maintenance is important
Out of sight, out of mind right? Wrong. Having your natural gas appliances serviced by a qualified natural gas contractor has numerous benefits. These include:
- Leak detection – an inspection can detect even the slightest leak in your gas piping.
- Warranty – some manufacturers require regular servicing to ensure your warranty remains valid.
- Efficiency – using a combustion analyzer, a gas contractor can test to see if your furnace is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Safety – a gas contractor will inspect the area around your appliances to ensure there is proper ventilation and that no combustibles are nearby.
- Air quality – a gas contractor can check your furnace filter, show you how to replace and recommend how often.
What your service should include
A furnace service should include, but is not limited to:
- checking operation of safety limit controls, temperature set points, thermostat, blower, pressure switches pilot light, gas piping and C02 levels
- lubricating blower and motor bearings
- burner and blower inspection
A fireplace service should include, but is not limited to:
- cleaning glass
- inspecting the burner, gas valve, pilot system, door gaskets and air openings
After the service, ask your gas fitter for a copy of their completed checklist.
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Contact a licensed gas contractor and arrange to have maintenance done on your furnace and/or fireplace.
- Complete the application form and along with a copy of the invoice send it to:FortisBC
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
- We’ll send you your gift card (or cards) in the mail. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
- Service must occur by between May 11 and September 30, 2012
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2012
Call 1-800-663-8400 or email [email protected]
*Offer is limited to one fireplace and one furnace per FortisBC account.