Fortis BC announces the return of their popular TLC furnace service offer for 2011
This program has now ended. If your furnace was serviced by the end of October, don’t forget to send in your application!
Last year, nearly 16,000 furnaces in BC were given some tender loving care through our popular TLC furnace service offer. We want every natural gas appliance operating as efficiently as possible, so we’re bringing TLC back this summer. And this year, fireplaces are eligible, too.
It’s a good idea to have your natural gas appliances serviced annually and now is a great time to do it, before contractors are booked for the heating season.
Have your fireplace and/or furnace serviced by October 31, 2011, complete the application form, return it along with a copy of the invoice, and we’ll send you a $25 Save-On-Foods™ gift card for each eligible appliance serviced. This offer is limited to one fireplace and one furnace per FortisBC account, for a total of two gift cards per household.
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Contact a registered gas contractor and arrange to have maintenance done on your furnace and/or fireplace.
- Complete the application form and along with a copy of the invoice send it to:
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
We’ll send your gift card (or cards) in the mail. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
Why maintenance is important
Out of sight, out of mind right? Wrong. Having your natural gas appliances serviced by a qualified natural gas contractor has numerous benefits. These include:
- Leak detection – an inspection can detect even the slightest leak in your gas piping.
- Warranty – some manufacturers require regular servicing to ensure your warranty remains valid.
- Efficiency – using a combustion analyzer, a gas contractor can test to see if your furnace is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Safety – a gas contractor will inspect the area around your appliances to ensure there is proper ventilation and that no combustibles are nearby.
- Air quality – a gas contractor can check your furnace filter, show you how to replace it and recommend how often.
- Service must occur between May 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011.
- Applications must be received by November 30, 2011.