Just announced by FortisBC! We were starting to wonder if it was happening this year so this is great news!
The following excerpt is directly from the FortisBC website:
Replace your old furnace or boiler with an eligible ENERGY STAR® or equivalent model that’s 95 per cent efficient or higher for furnaces, and 94 per cent efficient or higher for boilers, and you could receive a $500 rebate. Note: you must pre-qualify for your rebate by December 31, 2017.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace or boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour).
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR or equivalent furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system (to be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application).
- You must have a valid pre-qualification code before applying for your rebate. Codes are available until December 31, 2017, or while quantities last.
- You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace or boiler within six months of receiving your pre-qualification code.
How to apply
Review the terms and conditions.
Apply for your pre-qualification code by December 31, 2017. Note: you’ll need your FortisBC account number.
Complete the application in full. Include your pre-qualification code and have your contractor complete their part of the application. You must also include a photograph of the two-pipe direct vent system and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number.
See a sample invoice to ensure your invoice includes all required information.
- Within six months of being issued a pre-qualification code, send your completed application and copies of supporting documents to:Furnace and Boiler Replacement Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4OrEmail it to [email protected].
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.