GET $800 WHEN YOU REPLACE YOUR OLD FURNACE (OR BOILER) WITH A QUALIFYING HIGH-EFFICIENCY MODEL
Replace your energy-wasting furnace with a high-efficiency model that’s 95 per cent efficient or higher. You may qualify for an $800 rebate. But hurry! This offer is only available to the first 2,000 applicants or until December 31, 2012, whichever comes first.
WHAT MAKES A FURNACE OR BOILER HIGH-EFFICIENCY?
Today’s high-efficiency natural gas furnaces and boilers are up to 98 per cent efficient. To qualify for the rebate, the model you choose must be at least 95 per cent efficient for furnaces and 94 per cent efficient for boilers.
WHY REPLACE YOUR OLD FURNACE OR BOILER?
Just because something works, doesn’t mean it’s working efficiently. And if your furnace breaks down, repairs could cost you more in the long run.
So instead of fixing it, replace it and we’ll give you an $800 rebate and perhaps some peace of mind, knowing that your heating system is more efficient and you’ll be saving money for years to come.
The heating system must be in working order to qualify for the $800 rebate. Furnaces and boilers deemed unsafe to operate and not repairable will be considered emergency replacements and will not qualify for a rebate.
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the Furnace Replacement Pilot Program terms and conditions.
- Choose and purchase an eligible high-efficiency furnace or boiler and have it installed by a gas contractor registered with the BC Safety Authority. You can find a list of contractors at fortisbc.com/findacontractor.
- Complete the customer application form in full and include a copy of your invoice showing details of all worked performed, including the purchase date, make, model and installation permit number. Don’t forget to remind your contractor to complete their application as well. (Please note: incomplete applications will delay processing.)
- Mail your completed application and invoice to:
Furnace Replacement Pilot Program
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
If your application is approved we’ll mail you a cheque. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
- Furnaces and boilers must be purchased between September 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of purchase or postmarked no later than January 31, 2013, whichever comes first.
Call FortisBC toll-free at 1-800-663-8400 or email us at [email protected]